burwelbo

burwelbo

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Hiking, Travel
  • Canada

I am looking for data for Canadian National Parks. In particular, I am looking for hiking trails, camp sites, cabins, etc..I have gotten alot of data from the 1:50,000 Topo data. Parks Canada doesn't seem to have it on their site. Any ideas?

Bruce Burwell

sitesatlas

sitesatlas

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Spain

Geogratis has all sorts of data for Canada. There isn't a national parks file per se, but national park boundaries are included in some of the data layers they have, such as: Atlas of Canada 1,000,000 National Frameworks Data, Protected Areas, which also has provincial parks, community pastures, national wildlife areas, etc.. You might want to take a look at CanVec for more large scale data.

Good luck!
Michael Borop
World Sites Atlas
http://www.sitesatlas.com

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Unfortunately it seems that that data is not available to the general public even though our taxes do pay for it. Never the less you may want to consider to look for PDF's, & image maps, & do some georeference work. However if you have to digitize hiking trails it's useless to try to make profiles because it will not be accurate.
"Abbas of novus versus"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->