4 replies to this topic

Emily Martin

Emily Martin

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • United Kingdom

I'm thinking of purchasing some Ordnance Survey vector data from their VectorMap range, which seems to be cheaper than their other options. It is supplied in GML v2.1.2 format, but I will need to import it to AutoCAD. Does anyone know of a tool which converts from GML to DXF? My Google searches have been fruitless so far.

I have ArcGIS 9.2 but not the Data Interoperability extension which handles GML.

Any help appreciated :)

Emily
Emily Martin
Petroleum Geoscientist
Bournemouth, UK

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein

Crischan

Crischan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Spatial Information Design
  • Germany

Have a look at the OGR library, which has command-line tools to convert vector geodata form one format into another. It supports the formats listed here. For XML-based formats like GML you need a version compiled XML support. (The FWTools installer has it.)

Good luck!
Crischan
Crischan Wygoda
http://wygoda.net

gregsd

gregsd

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, mostly off-road (MTB) riding.
  • United Kingdom

I'm thinking of purchasing some Ordnance Survey vector data from their VectorMap range, which seems to be cheaper than their other options. It is supplied in GML v2.1.2 format, but I will need to import it to AutoCAD. Does anyone know of a tool which converts from GML to DXF? My Google searches have been fruitless so far.

I have ArcGIS 9.2 but not the Data Interoperability extension which handles GML.

Any help appreciated :)

Emily

Have you checked out KeyGML?

Greg Driver

GIS Analyst
MapInfo User...!

Nick H

Nick H

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • United Kingdom

I believe that gvSIG (free, of course) is said to be capable of importing and displaying GML and exporting it as DXF. Not tested here I'm afraid.

Regards,
Nick.
Caversham, Reading, England.

Richard Nie

Richard Nie

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:GIS Software Engineer<br />Navigation Map/GIS/GPS
  • China

Have a look at the OGR library, which has command-line tools to convert vector geodata form one format into another. It supports the formats listed here. For XML-based formats like GML you need a version compiled XML support. (The FWTools installer has it.)

Good luck!
Crischan

yeah,please look at the GDAL/OGR library.
GIS Programmer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->