This release focuses on the physical geography and geology of the Grand Canyon state, and contains 23 layers of information, which can be superimposed, mixed and rearranged in any desired combination.
Picture_11.jpg 75.17KB 18 downloads
"We have received so many requests for Arizona, we felt like we really needed to get this one just right," said Max Tardiveau, Integrity Logic's founder. "Each release is carefully hand-crafted, but Arizona is the Disneyland of geology, so we were extra careful. We've also added a huge amount of information about mineral resources. It's really something to see."
Like its five sister applications already covering eight states, Geology AZ contains a wide array of data layers which can be combined and moved in any desired way:
- geological map from the U.S. Geological Service
- public land ownership (local, state, federal)
- states outlines
- all earthquakes in recorded history with a magnitude of 3.0 or above
- fire history
- land elevation from NASA
- hydrologic units
- county lines, USGS quadrangles
- UTM zones, state plane zones
- township and range
- urban areas, hydrological features
- cities, roads and railroad tracks
- active mines and quarries
- all available potassium/argon dates
- main aquifers
- old faults and active faults
- over 13,000 mineral resource data points
Geology AZ is a completely self-contained application, which does not require any Internet access. This is critical for anyone who needs access to this information when out of cellular range, in the field.
Geology AZ can use the iPhone's built-in GPS and the iPod's location service, and can also capture high-definitions maps, which can be retrieved from the device's photo album.
The application is available immediately in the Apple App Store and is
priced at $4.99.
About Integrity Logic
Integrity Logic is a software and consulting services company founded in 2003.