• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Max

Max

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

As a 2008 graduate of Sonoma State University with a B.A. in Geography, I am extremely interested in working in cartography or GIS. I have been looking for a job in my field of study for one year. I have had a passion for cartography my whole life, so any career experience working with maps would be beneficial to help me further my mapping career. I have examples of my previous work available in my portfolio on my LinkedIn profile (http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxaltman and click "View Full Profile").

I am an enthusiastic, organized person whose attention to detail goes hand-in-hand with my interest in maps. As a computer savvy individual, I was excited to learn as much as possible in college about GIS and GPS and am looking forward to learning much more about these fascinating technologies. I am currently doing an internship in urban planning for the City and County of San Francisco. I have recently taken an Advanced GIS course at a community college, where I strengthened my skills in ArcGIS. I am registered with maps.com as a freelance cartographer, but have yet to do any freelance work for them. I also have some experience using AutoCAD at an architecture firm. I have been called personable, punctual, and I have high integrity. I take pride in hard work, success, and working to the best of my abilities.

I would appreciate any advice you may have that could help me get my foot in the door and find that elusive job.

Thank you,

Max Altman
maltman2008@gmail.com
www.linkedin.com/in/maxaltman

Attached Files

Robert2009

Robert2009

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • United States

Max,
Have you looked this website ? http://cgia.org/

Robert

As a 2008 graduate of Sonoma State University with a B.A. in Geography, I am extremely interested in working in cartography or GIS. I have been looking for a job in my field of study for one year. I have had a passion for cartography my whole life, so any career experience working with maps would be beneficial to help me further my mapping career. I have examples of my previous work available in my portfolio on my LinkedIn profile (http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxaltman and click "View Full Profile").

I am an enthusiastic, organized person whose attention to detail goes hand-in-hand with my interest in maps. As a computer savvy individual, I was excited to learn as much as possible in college about GIS and GPS and am looking forward to learning much more about these fascinating technologies. I am currently doing an internship in urban planning for the City and County of San Francisco. I have recently taken an Advanced GIS course at a community college, where I strengthened my skills in ArcGIS. I am registered with maps.com as a freelance cartographer, but have yet to do any freelance work for them. I also have some experience using AutoCAD at an architecture firm. I have been called personable, punctual, and I have high integrity. I take pride in hard work, success, and working to the best of my abilities.

I would appreciate any advice you may have that could help me get my foot in the door and find that elusive job.

Thank you,

Max Altman
maltman2008@gmail.com
www.linkedin.com/in/maxaltman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->