• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

20 Ton Squirrel

20 Ton Squirrel

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • United States

Greetings! I'm working within the latest release of MapInfo and MapBasic (version 10 ). I've found a few MapBasic questions answered here so hopefully someone can help, I'm stumped!

The task before me is to create hundreds of zipcode-level views. I have isolated the zips in a separate table and wrote code that centers the window on each one to take a snapshot (export as jpg).

My problem is the darn labels!

For instance, the state label "NH" is visible for zipcode 00181, but when the code focuses on another zipcode a few miles away it isn't any longer.

Is there a setting or bit of code that forces labels to be shown no matter where the view is?

Here's my code:
Declare Sub Main

Include "MapBasic.def"

Sub Main

dim strName as string

dim objPoint As Object

dim intX As Integer, intY as Integer

Fetch First From advanceUncodedZips

Do While Not EOT(advanceUncodedZips) 

strName  = advanceUncodedZips.col1

objPoint = ObjectGeography(advanceUncodedZips.obj, OBJ_GEO_CENTROID)

intX = ObjectGeography(objPoint, OBJ_GEO_POINTX)

intY = ObjectGeography(objPoint, OBJ_GEO_POINTY)

Set Map Center (intX, intY) Zoom (150)

Save Window FrontWindow() As "C:\USER\views\view_" & strName  & ".JPG" Type "JPEG" Width 8.29167 Units "in" Height 5.625 Units "in" Resolution 96

Fetch Next From advanceUncodedZips

Loop

exit sub

ERRCATCH:

End Sub

CHART

CHART

Chart

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • No Country Selected

Greetings! I'm working within the latest release of MapInfo and MapBasic (version 10 ). I've found a few MapBasic questions answered here so hopefully someone can help, I'm stumped!

The task before me is to create hundreds of zipcode-level views. I have isolated the zips in a separate table and wrote code that centers the window on each one to take a snapshot (export as jpg).

My problem is the darn labels!

For instance, the state label "NH" is visible for zipcode 00181, but when the code focuses on another zipcode a few miles away it isn't any longer.

Is there a setting or bit of code that forces labels to be shown no matter where the view is?

Here's my code:

Declare Sub Main

Include "MapBasic.def"

Sub Main

dim strName as string

dim objPoint As Object

dim intX As Integer, intY as Integer

Fetch First From advanceUncodedZips

Do While Not EOT(advanceUncodedZips) 

strName  = advanceUncodedZips.col1

objPoint = ObjectGeography(advanceUncodedZips.obj, OBJ_GEO_CENTROID)

intX = ObjectGeography(objPoint, OBJ_GEO_POINTX)

intY = ObjectGeography(objPoint, OBJ_GEO_POINTY)

Set Map Center (intX, intY) Zoom (150)

Save Window FrontWindow() As "C:\USER\views\view_" & strName  & ".JPG" Type "JPEG" Width 8.29167 Units "in" Height 5.625 Units "in" Resolution 96

Fetch Next From advanceUncodedZips

Loop

exit sub

ERRCATCH:

End Sub

Chart

CHART

CHART

Chart

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • No Country Selected

In your label setting look up the 'label partial object' option. Make sure that feature is checked.
Hope this works. If not, may I suggests you post your request at http://groups.google...group/mapinfo-l

Regards
Chart

gregsd

gregsd

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, mostly off-road (MTB) riding.
  • United Kingdom

In your label setting look up the 'label partial object' option. Make sure that feature is checked.
Hope this works. If not, may I suggests you post your request at http://groups.google...group/mapinfo-l

Regards

I'd also recommend that you enable either the 'allow overlapping text' or 'when overlap occurs try another position' options (under the Labeleling Rules tab for the Layer Properties). This will ensure that the label will be displayed if MapInfo 'thinks' that the labels are clashing.

Greg.

Greg Driver

GIS Analyst
MapInfo User...!

20 Ton Squirrel

20 Ton Squirrel

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • United States

I enabled the "Label Partial Object" option for the respective layers and, by jove, it WORKED. I can pan around and the label for all my regions show up! Selecting the Positioning option solved all the overlapping issues as well.

EXCELLENT! Thank you both for the response!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->