2 replies to this topic

pblackbuck

pblackbuck

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello,

I have fair knowledge about GIS. I wanted to calculate surface area of the landscape with aid of contour maps (digital). I tried several times, I could calculate average slopes and aspects, but I could not find ways to calculate surface area. Calculating planimetric area gives misleading result in high rugged mountains. I would be highly appreciative if anybody of you could give me suggestion!
:D
pblackbuck

BrianC

BrianC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Hello,

I have fair knowledge about GIS. I wanted to calculate surface area of the landscape with aid of contour maps (digital). I tried several times, I could calculate average slopes and aspects, but I could not find ways to calculate surface area. Calculating planimetric area gives misleading result in high rugged mountains. I would be highly appreciative if anybody of you could give me suggestion!
pblackbuck

Creating a TIN will give you the surface areas that you are looking for. You can accomplish this with ESRI's 3D Analyst.

pblackbuck

pblackbuck

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello,

pblackbuck

Creating a TIN will give you the surface areas that you are looking for. You can accomplish this with ESRI's 3D Analyst.

HI,

THANKS FOR YOU HELP.
PRAKASH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->