David25

David25

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Canada

Hi,

Does anyone know the problem that is appearing here (in the screen capture)? I have a DEM and a shp of a county of the UK and am trying to 'obtain base heights'from the DEM. I suppose maybe the data is corrupted but this happened a couple of times before on different data sets and I think maybe it's too much of a coincidence to be corrupted again.

Attached Files

Aris

Aris

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Greece

Hi,

Does anyone know the problem that is appearing here (in the screen capture)? I have a DEM and a shp of a county of the UK and am trying to 'obtain base heights'from the DEM. I suppose maybe the data is corrupted but this happened a couple of times before on different data sets and I think maybe it's too much of a coincidence to be corrupted again.

Hi

Can you explain a little bit what software you are using and what we see there. I suppose the problem should be with the no data cells (or wrong data) that might be very large negative or very large positive values. Usually that is the reason for all these peeks on your 3d projection. Try zoom out a bit or inspect the value range and exclude the no data values. Hope this helps.

Aris

Crischan

Crischan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Spatial Information Design
  • Germany

Can I guess that this is ArcScene? What are the vertical and horizontal units of the datasets?
Crischan Wygoda
http://wygoda.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->