cartobendigo

cartobendigo

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Australia

Hi All,

Are any of you guys into developing iPhone Apps? In particular an iPhone app which displays static map content.

There are some applications already available but the static maps are very poor. The applications themselves are OK, but the content is weak.

I am looking for a partner that either has already developed an application that could be adapted or is interesting in developing the code for a static map application, i.e. you develop the code, I supply the maps etc.

If you would like to more or know of someone that might be interesting in working together on the project please contact me directly at damien.demaj@demap.com.au.

Regards,
Damien Demaj
www.demap.com.au
Damien Demaj
www.demap.com.au

Adam Wilbert

Adam Wilbert

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • United States

There is a firm called PacMaps that has a 50/50 revenue program set up for content developers. They have the app framework set up, you provide the map, waypoints, and text items for the index, they compile the app and submit it to Apple. Most of their content right now is simply repurposed NPS maps from Harpers Ferry, but some are custom drawn.

Adam Wilbert
CartoGaia.com & AdamWilbert.com
Lynda.com author of "Up and Running with ArcGIS"

cartobendigo

cartobendigo

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Australia

Hi Adam,

Great. The concept looks interesting. I will investigate the site further.

Thanks.
Damien
Damien Demaj
www.demap.com.au

AnyMapps

AnyMapps

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hi All,

Are any of you guys into developing iPhone Apps? In particular an iPhone app which displays static map content.

There are some applications already available but the static maps are very poor. The applications themselves are OK, but the content is weak.

I am looking for a partner that either has already developed an application that could be adapted or is interesting in developing the code for a static map application, i.e. you develop the code, I supply the maps etc.

If you would like to more or know of someone that might be interesting in working together on the project please contact me directly at damien.demaj@demap.com.au.

Regards,
Damien Demaj
www.demap.com.au

Hi Damien,

It's been a while since your post ..

Recently we've developed a tool you may be interested in - http://anymapps.com

You can create mobile apps without any programming and then publish them on AppStore and Google Play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->