- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

cn174

cn174

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Blackburn Rovers, football, rugby league, Wigan Warriors, NFL, Chicago Bears, GIS, mapping, Lancashire, photography, art, graphic design, web design
  • United Kingdom

I am currently using Cadcorp GIS at work which has a good function in it called Book Plotter which allows multiple prints of the same map to be made automatically. For example if there are ten houses on the map, it can zoom into each one and produce ten separate maps of each house with the surrounding Mastermap.

This is very useful but a bit limited. What I would like to do is to be able to add a title automatically to each one which comes from a field in the house layer. At the moment whilst I can produce my ten maps very quickly I then have to open each one up, and give it a title. Whilst this is ok for say ten, due to a retendering process of our land I need to do about 400, which of course will take some time.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar function which would allow me to print multiple maps from the same layers in the GIS in some kind of automatic way. As I said we mainly use Cadcorp but also I have ESRI. A open source option would be fine too if that is available.

Thanks,

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

I would suggest using DS Mapbook or NW Mapbook within an ArcGIS framework. Both are free scripts that you can Google, download and install. If you search Cartotalk you should also find many references.

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

cn174

cn174

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Blackburn Rovers, football, rugby league, Wigan Warriors, NFL, Chicago Bears, GIS, mapping, Lancashire, photography, art, graphic design, web design
  • United Kingdom

I would suggest using DS Mapbook or NW Mapbook within an ArcGIS framework. Both are free scripts that you can Google, download and install. If you search Cartotalk you should also find many references.

Thanks Matthew, I shall definately check those two out.
I have come up with an ugly, temporary solution in the mean time which was to add a boxed label to each estate we have placed above the estate on the map. It isn't pretty but my first set of maps are just for reference really as I have another boundary layer to build before I make the final maps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->