aug_aug

aug_aug

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • United States

hello -

I have a shapefile (contours) that I would like to export to CAD (DWG), I have used the Add CAD Fields tool, and so I'd like to copy the values from my "contour" field to the "elevation" field that this tool creates in my attribute table.

When I open the newly created DWG in AutoCAD I want the elevation information to be present when I query a contour line for example. This seems easy but in the attribute table I can't seem to select/copy/paste multiple values like in excel.

Is there a good method to populate these basic CAD fields that ArcMap creates easily before using the ExportToCAD tool?

Thanks in advance.

Esther Mandeno

Esther Mandeno

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • United States

hello -

I have a shapefile (contours) that I would like to export to CAD (DWG), I have used the Add CAD Fields tool, and so I'd like to copy the values from my "contour" field to the "elevation" field that this tool creates in my attribute table.

When I open the newly created DWG in AutoCAD I want the elevation information to be present when I query a contour line for example. This seems easy but in the attribute table I can't seem to select/copy/paste multiple values like in excel.

Is there a good method to populate these basic CAD fields that ArcMap creates easily before using the ExportToCAD tool?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Michael,

There are numerous ways to get your shapefile into AutoDesk Map 3D. What version of the AutoDesk software do you have? LT? Civil? Map 3D offers a way to read the shapefile directly, without converting the file and you get all the attributes that way, nothing lost.
------
Esther Mandeno
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->