19 replies to this topic

Mike H

Mike H

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • United States

Sweet map series - this forum may be the only example of 'map design by committee' that proves successful!

m.
Michael Hermann
mike [at] purplelizard.com

www.purplelizard.com

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

Sweet map series - this forum may be the only example of 'map design by committee' that proves successful!

m.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, and when the book comes out you can all say you had something to do with it. I should credit CartoTalk in the acknowledgments.

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

woneil

woneil

Will O'Neil

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • United States

Great examples of maps that look good and work well. Very inspiring, from my point of view.
Will O'Neil
Author and amateur cartographer

http://analysis.williamdoneil.com/w.d.oneil@pobox.com

Lou

Lou

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:maps, fly-fishing, art, graphic design, all things design really...hiking, camping, photography, travel, wine, cooking, all things food really, coffee, and did I mention wine?
  • United States

Nick, well done...my son and I have been playing some WWII PC based computer games - D-day and surrounding battles acurately portrayed. Your maps have really proven useful...since the maps in the game are next to worthless. Have any of you all produced maps for the video game market? I got solicited a few years back from Rockstar Games to do the map for one of the GTA Vice City Games...I think my map examples were to tame...it didn't go anywhere...but the guy that called was really interested in getting a real cartographer to make the map of the virtual city...just curious what others have been involved with.

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

If you are talking about Call of Duty, I played that before I made the maps, and once I got the work it was all very familiar territory.

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->