What they said. Very nice map. Here's my quibbles:
1. Interchange squares, small town symbols, and county road rectangles are too visually close to one another. I'd put the town symbols as solid dots (not too dark, of course, but not outlined), and I'd put some sort of different enough fill between county road shields and interchanges.
2. The numbers for the game lands are practically invisible. More contrast.
3. Especially if there is a statewide trails layer available, consider showing it as a much lighter and thinner network, with the trails you already have shown remaining big and dark and bold. It'll give more context to trails as a network, and encourage explorations. Heck, we do the same for roads all the time.
4. Not sure about the blend on Lake Erie's shores. You don't do it anywhere else.
5. It feels kind of odd to me that the more vivid relief is shown out of state. Feels like the contrast levels in-state and outstate should be flipped.
Thanks for showing, it's a beaut! Let us know when it comes out so we can get a copy.
Pennsylvania Hiking Trail Map
16 replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users