• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ptolemy13

Ptolemy13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

All,
Glad to be a part of of this dynamic group. Currently I am working on my MS Dissertation on Predictive modeling for eastern equine encephalitis creating susceptibility maps based on environmental factors (using a student version of ArcGIS and IDRISI Andes). As this is an online program, I also am able to work full time as a cartographer for the great state of New Hampshire supporting emergency services.

I see that there are several freelancers out there which is awesome! I have already checked out much of your work on your company's websites and I am impressed by the work you've done. One day I do plan on strking out on my own, just waiting to find a niche. On that subject, you've probably anwsered this a million times, but which software do you find works the best for you in your cartography endeavors? I've seen MAPublisher, Adobe Illustrator etc out there but am still on the fence about who makes the best.

Thanks , J

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

Welcome to Cartotalk Ptolemy (cool name!)
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

loximuthal

loximuthal

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • United States

Welcome aboard. As you suspected, software preferences are discussed a lot here. I'd suggest poking around some and asking specific questions when you see something of interest.
Andy McIntire
US Census Bureau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->