hocgis

hocgis

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Vietnam

Hi all!
I have a problem about creating topology with subtype.
I have created two line feature classes named A and B.
In feature class B, I created 4 subtypes: b1, b2, b3, b4.
When I created topology rule between A and b1, b2 (topology: Must not overlap with). It's OK!
And then, applying topology rule "Must be covered by feature class of" between A and b3. It's OK.
However, "A rule of this type aldready exists for the feature class or feature class subtype" error appeared when applied the same rule (Must be covered by feature class of) between A and b4.

Looking forward to your help. Many thank!

François Goulet

François Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

I don't have that kind of data to help you, but you could ask a cartographer from the ESRI Mapping Center... The answer is usually quick.

hocgis

hocgis

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Vietnam

I don't have that kind of data to help you, but you could ask a cartographer from the ESRI Mapping Center... The answer is usually quick.

You must not have real data. You could create a geodatabase (consist of feature dataset, feature class, sybtype and topology) without real data.

François Goulet

François Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

You must not have real data. You could create a geodatabase (consist of feature dataset, feature class, sybtype and topology) without real data.

I know, but sometimes, the problem can be with the data even thought in theory, it should work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->