Photo

How to combine Lat/Long files in ERDAS Imagine 9.3?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jberes87

jberes87

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Does anyone now how I can combine my Lat Long files which are in generic binary (ASCII) format? I would prefer using ERDAS Imagine 9.3 but if is possible in ArcGIS that is also a possibility. Thanks!

fozzworth

fozzworth

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Does anyone now how I can combine my Lat Long files which are in generic binary (ASCII) format? I would prefer using ERDAS Imagine 9.3 but if is possible in ArcGIS that is also a possibility. Thanks!

I have the same issue. Two different ASCII format files. One with Latitude, and a seperate one for longitude. It gets worse from there, because I have a third file that is supposed to be the elevation data that I need.

Sv_BG

Sv_BG

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Bulgaria

I think I have an arcgis solution.

First, do the files you want to combine have a common filed with unique Ids or smth else? If they do, try to open the files with excel and save them as .xls files. Then open the .xls files with ArcGIS. Notice that ArcGIS opens the .xls format, but does not open the new .xlsx format. When you open both files (when you doubleclick the .xls file, you will see the three sheets of the excel document, click on the first one (the one with the data) and add it), join their tables using the common filed. After they join (combine), export the joined tables in .txt format. Then open the new file with excel and save it in the format you need.

p.s. Don't forget that excel sheets are not layers, so you have to click the source tab to see the tables.

Cheers,
Svetoslav

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->