cartobendigo

cartobendigo

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Australia

Hi All,

I am trying to track down a copy of the very 1st edition of the Times Atlas of the World which was published in 1895.

I am looking to purchase a copy of the atlas and add it to my growing list of beautiful and antique world atlases. They sit so beautifully alongside Earth!

If anyone knows who/where I can purchase one please let me know.

Regards,
Damien Demaj
www.demap.com.au
Damien Demaj
www.demap.com.au

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Damien,

If I'd know where to get one, do you honestly think I'd tell anybody else? :rolleyes:

Anyway, it looks like they're not really in plentiful supply... this topic is already on the first page with results when I searched for "1895 Times Atlas" in Google.

Looks like somebody is selling it off page by page...
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Rumsey is the only one I know who has one. If I knew more atlas collectors I might know more, but I think they're sought after.

A little closer to you is The Asia Bookroom (Lawry Pl Macquarie ACT 2614, Australia). They are selling individual maps for ~$40 USD and they might sell you the cover and spine so you could re-bind it. :huh:

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

Michael Schmeling

Michael Schmeling

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Germany

I don't have the Times Atlas, but I own an 'Andrees Handatlas' from 1899, in german. The Rumsey Collection also cites an "Andree, Richard" as one of the authors of the Times Atlas, so there may be a connection between the two, but I don't know anything about it.

BTW, I am not going to give it away :)
Michael Schmeling
Kassel, Germany
Arid Ocean Map Illustrations
http://maps.aridocean.com
Indie Cartographer
http://www.indiecartographer.com

jaxxs44

jaxxs44

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United Kingdom

I actually have an times atlas 1895 which has been donated to my shop is there anyone out there which could give me an idea to its value??? the spine and cover is not in the best condition but all pages inside are of brilliant quality. I would really appreciate the help

thanks

donna

nicholas

nicholas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United Kingdom

:)

Hi All,

I am trying to track down a copy of the very 1st edition of the Times Atlas of the World which was published in 1895.

I am looking to purchase a copy of the atlas and add it to my growing list of beautiful and antique world atlases. They sit so beautifully alongside Earth!

Regards,
Damien Demaj
www.demap.com.au

I have a Times Atlas from 1895 for sale if anyones intrestedtimes atlas 1895 for sale

SteveC

SteveC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hi, I have just come across your posting. If you are still looking for a copy of the Times Atlas for 1895 I have recently acquired a copy. It is a little the worse for wear, but complete. I would be willing to sell for the right price, although shipping would be expensive. Regards, Steve Clark

Hi All,

Regards,
Damien Demaj
www.demap.com.au

Annurag Dutta

Annurag Dutta

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • India

Hi, I have just come across your posting. If you are still looking for a copy of the Times Atlas for 1895 I have recently acquired a copy. It is a little the worse for wear, but complete. I would be willing to sell for the right price, although shipping would be expensive. Regards, Steve Clark

Hi All,

Regards,
Damien Demaj
www.demap.com.au

hi are you still looking!!!
i have one in resonabely good condition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->