Andreas Michos

Andreas Michos

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Greece

Hello fellas,

I am currently working on a project for producing paper maps using data projected to the Greek datum(GGRS87).
In the map layout I have to show both the Greek(metric in meters system) and the WGS84(the Cartesian sysetm in degrees, minutes, seconds etc.)

When I try to locate actual point coordinates on the map, the greek measurement look fine and on the spot, but as regards to the WGS84 I receive a deviation of (300 or something).

I see a lot of maps like Ordnance Survey in Britain or IGN in France, to present the maps in the proper way.

I currently work with ArcEditor license, but I can have access to illy, asking my graphic designer in the office to help.

Sorry if I bored you with my long writing.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciable.

Thank you,

Andreas

Crischan

Crischan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Spatial Information Design
  • Germany

This might be an Arc bug - we experience the same weird behavior when using Gauss-Krueger and ETRS89 projections (which are both used here in Brandenburg, Germany). We constantly get an offset of 80m or so using ArcGIS ArcInfo 9.2. Haven't checked with our new 9.3.
I started writing a Python/OGR-powered script which generates my grids and graticules. But be aware, there are dragons: It's command-line driven and only tested on linux. :)
Crischan Wygoda
http://wygoda.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->