josie

josie

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Netherlands

Hi there,

Anyone using Manifold? If so, can anyone give any advice on a recommended graphics card? I am considering the Nvidia Gforce 8800GTX but would welcome any other ideas? I use Manifold for alot of graphical operations and exporting maps to pdf etc is an arduous task that presently takes more time than I would like it too. Also scrolling along in maps takes a really long time whilst waiting for graphics to reload.

Any info would be really appreciated.

Thankyou.

Josie :)

antoniocarlos

antoniocarlos

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Puerto Rico

Hi

Try asking that same question at the manifold forum :-). It should be fun.

http://forum.manifold.net

Also Manifold seems to prefer NVIDIA GTX 295 GPUs aparently for its double digit CUDA capabilities. It seems that with version 9.0 approaching, this next version will (definitely) probably use higher end cards to a great extent.

http://www.manifold....pu_record.shtml

There are cheaper cards in the NVIDIA lineup but I would suggest the latest generation and double digit calculation capabilities.

REgards

josie

josie

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Netherlands

Hey Antonio,

Thanks very much for the info. Obviously, I did consider asking this in the Manifold forum. However, I fear the response I get may be waaaay over my head! ^_^ I fear I may begin something that I was not hoping to. Further, maybe I will be more confused than when I begun. So, yes... fun as you put it. Well, I will think about that option.

Anyway, I will check out the link you sent.

Thanks again!

Josie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->