- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mkmitchell

mkmitchell

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • No Country Selected

I'm working with ArcGIS 9.2 and I'm trying to get multiple symbols under my label. A good example of this is if you look at a national park map. At the visitors center it will have a label "Visitors Center" and directly under it different symbols showing that restrooms, a rangers station, and picnic tables can all be found at the location.

How is this done?! I've spent hours trying to figure this out.

Thank you

Zorko

Zorko

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • New Zealand

Hello,

If you have an ArcEditor license you can do this. Once representations are created you can view them using any license.

Article describing exact process is available at ESRI's Mapping Center.

http://blogs.esri.co...sentations.aspx

Good luck.

I'm working with ArcGIS 9.2 and I'm trying to get multiple symbols under my label. A good example of this is if you look at a national park map. At the visitors center it will have a label "Visitors Center" and directly under it different symbols showing that restrooms, a rangers station, and picnic tables can all be found at the location.

How is this done?! I've spent hours trying to figure this out.

Thank you

mkmitchell

mkmitchell

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • No Country Selected

I thank you for the help. Perhaps I can get a bit more help with representations. I am using ArcInfo and I can't seem to change my marker to a style symbol I want. I bring up the representation marker selector => more styles => Add.. => browse to a style I want => nothing shows up. The only thing available is ESRI.

I can import a symbol giving me a new rule with no problem but when I add another marker layer to that rule it does not allow me to select the marker I would like.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->