- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

designmaps

designmaps

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • United States

Hello, I'm trying to find a really inexpensive way to create maps that are 1 mile radius with a target business location
in the center. Is there a way to generate these in an automated way, then finish in illustrator for print.
The addresses will be in a spreadsheet.

thanks!
Scott Lockheed
Designmaps

sitesatlas

sitesatlas

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Spain

Hello, I'm trying to find a really inexpensive way to create maps that are 1 mile radius with a target business location
in the center. Is there a way to generate these in an automated way, then finish in illustrator for print.
The addresses will be in a spreadsheet.

thanks!
Scott Lockheed
Designmaps

If you use Manifold, I think it would be possible to use a script to loop through your address database, center the map on each location and render it, and save the layout as an Illustrator file. You'd need to set up all the street labels, the map, and the base layout ahead of time, of course. The Manifold forum would be a good place to get some help with the script.
Michael Borop
World Sites Atlas
http://www.sitesatlas.com

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Where (which country) are those addresses located? Do you have any special styling wishes? How many maps?

There are various options, kinda depending on your definition of 'inexpensive' too. If there is source data, FME can do a fairly good job at generating basic maps and save them as PDF, once you've got it all set up. Otherwise, OpenStreetmap might be an option.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->