• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Lou

Lou

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:maps, fly-fishing, art, graphic design, all things design really...hiking, camping, photography, travel, wine, cooking, all things food really, coffee, and did I mention wine?
  • United States

Hello everyone,

For fear of getting labeled as a mere CT lurker, I wanted to finally introduce myself (post NACIS 25)...I have to apologize first to the CartoTalk contingent in attendance...I did not get to spend much time at the meeting to meet you all but it sure was great having you in Salt Lake City and thanks so much for your support and enthusiasm regarding NACIS. I look forward to the discussions online here carrying into the annual meeting next year in Madison and beyond.

For those that didn't make it on the hike...take a moment to view a pano on the way up to Ensign Peak in SLC, UT.

So, for those who don't know much about me...I have worked with the Florida Resources and Environmental Analysis Center (FREAC) since 1997 and now serve as the Director of Cartography and Graphic Design Services. Our center provides support to federal, state and local government, NGOs, and the private sector - in cartography, GIS, graphic design, and consulting. FREAC provided an opportunity to attend NACIS in San Antonio way back when, and since then I have been active in the organization serving presently as the Executive Director. I also started a graphic design company Point Line Polygon (no one else really got the name) a few years back which I sold to a larger entity...and now serve as the Creative Director for TSG Graphic Design.

When I am not working, I enjoy the company of my wife and three kids who share my passion for cooking, camping, and as frequent as we can make them, escapes to the mountains of North Carolina. I have an addiction to all-things-design and I have been known to get the shakes when I am out of range of a decent internet connection (which usually wears off after a few days).

I hope to participate more often in the discussions on this board - Thanks to all who have made it so successful so far!

PS - If the sites referenced above leave you wanting for more excitement...Thanks to Nick in the NACIS hospitality (or web page hostilitiy) suite...take a moment to Gizoogle these or other web sites. Shizzle yo.

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

Lou, it was a pleasure rhymin' you in Slizzay Lakes n its bootylicious ta have you here on CartoTalk.

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

Lou,
Welcome to the forum. I didnt get the chance to meet you at NACIS but you had me laughing (with you!) from a distance more than once...thanks! Erin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->