• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Spol

Spol

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hi,

I've have created a simple html through Map Publisher and the Web Author tool and everything has worked, including all the pop ups and zooming etc.

When i send a link to another person or ask someone else to take a look, it doesn't work. I've been told, just a red cross in the top corner appears on the screen.

I don't totally understand the process from Map Publisher to making an interactive map available online but i've followed all of the steps in the walkthrough provided here. My colleague thinks it might have something to do with permissions in Flash, as in step four of the walkthrough it asks you to change the global security setting in flash.

Walkthrough
http://www.avenza.co...troduction.html

Basically, what i'm asking here is. Waht is the best way to get from Web Author to displaying on the web??

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Exactly how have you published your map online? If you're using a web server, it should work, as long as you have all the right files up there. Obviously, the browser must have the Flash plug-in too.

Other than that, I would recommend getting in touch with Avenza's support.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Kimi

Kimi

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Canada

Hello!

I've have created a simple html through Map Publisher and the Web Author tool and everything has worked, including all the pop ups and zooming etc.

It sounds like your web map is working on your computer. So far so good! :)

When i send a link to another person or ask someone else to take a look, it doesn't work. I've been told, just a red cross in the top corner appears on the screen.

I have a couple of questions here:
1) where did you place the your MAP web author components (the exported folder)? Did you place it on a web server? or somewhere on the network??

2) if you do not mind, could you send me the link?

I don't totally understand the process from Map Publisher to making an interactive map available online but i've followed all of the steps in the walkthrough provided here. My colleague thinks it might have something to do with permissions in Flash, as in step four of the walkthrough it asks you to change the global security setting in flash.

Walkthrough
http://www.avenza.co...troduction.html

Basically, what i'm asking here is. Waht is the best way to get from Web Author to displaying on the web??

I am sorry for the confusion. For the tutorial map whose link is indicated above and any other Flash map available on Avenza Web site, we simply placed all the Flash export folder on our web server. If you publish web pages and if you have your own web server or any "web" place, please place the exported folder on your web server.

The Global Security Setting for Flash is required when you are viewing your Flash map on any computer. In other words, when the flash map is accessed from your local drive, you will need to set this Global Security Setting. If you place your map on a web server and if your Flash web page is accessed with the url "http://www.......", then you will not have to set the Global Security setting for Flash.

I hope this information helps... If not, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be happy to assist you! :) Also, if you have any comment or question about MAP Web Author or any other MAPublisher functions, please feel free to drop us a line! We will be happy to hear from you!

Best regards,
Kimi

Avenza Systems Inc.
124 Merton Street, Suite 400,
Toronto, Ontario, M4S 2Z2, Canada
Webpage: http://www.avenza.com

Kimi

Kimi

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Canada

Hi! I was investigating this issue ... Below may be the answer to solve the problem...

According to the symptom you described, it may be the problem related to the MIME association. MAP Web Author (MAPublisher 8.0 version) exports all the attribute information for the callout bubbles with the file "map.afm.compressed" or "map.afm". some web server does not recognize this file extension.

Could you add a MIME association with the extension .compressed ?

Could you please let me know whether or not the problem solved by adding an MIME association to the web server setting? I hope this will solve the problem :)

Best regards,
Kimi

Avenza Systems Inc.
124 Merton Street, Suite 400,
Toronto, Ontario, M4S 2Z2, Canada
Webpage: http://www.avenza.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->