• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mathboy

mathboy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United Arab Emirates

Hello

I have a set of SHP files (multiple layers) , i have been looking for a WebServer application , i found an opensource php application named : EasyWMS (suas also) .

But , i had a problems with the implementation specialy with the multiple layers .

I did a quick sailing through the CartoTalk forum , and i found many useful referances talking about converting the SHP to be viewable through a Flash based map viewer .

But still i cant control the issue with clear-easy steps .

Any one can help me on this ?

Thanx in Advance

Edited by mathboy, 28 May 2009 - 03:26 AM.

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

First thing that comes to mind! Have you ever had experience or an education with a map server, (Google Maps, Virtual Earth counts for crap)? And if you have why not try something like the University of Minnesota Map Server, Geoserver, or the built-in map server that comes with your GIS assuming you have a paid one not an open source GIS. Also if you have no experience what so ever don't try to built one unless it is merely a learning exercise that you can do on your own time.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

peanut

peanut

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • United States

You can use the software available at the following link to slice up each of your shapefiles into tiles for Google Maps:

http://www.casa.ucl....gmapcreator.asp

Then if you are reasonably good with html and javascript you should be able to set up a page to turn on and off each of the tilesets using the Google Maps API.

http://code.google.c.../reference.html

Hope this helps.

Rich

mathboy

mathboy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United Arab Emirates

@peanut
Really i need to thank u for ur help , the tool is amazing .
I have two questions regarding this tool :
1. When i load a shape file , and generate the tiles , a set of PNG file would be done .
the problem is when i need to load another Shape file , it'll generate another set but with the same names , so the images will be replaced .
2.I don't need to load the tiles into Google Map viewer , i already liked the OpenLayers Javascript map viewer , so is there any explaination to know how can i get the right tile file by the openLayers .

@Hasdrubal , thank u for ur reply ..

peanut

peanut

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • United States

@peanut
Really i need to thank u for ur help , the tool is amazing .
I have two questions regarding this tool :
1. When i load a shape file , and generate the tiles , a set of PNG file would be done .
the problem is when i need to load another Shape file , it'll generate another set but with the same names , so the images will be replaced .
2.I don't need to load the tiles into Google Map viewer , i already liked the OpenLayers Javascript map viewer , so is there any explaination to know how can i get the right tile file by the openLayers .

@Hasdrubal , thank u for ur reply ..

You should be able to just store different sets of tiles to different directory locations. If you can't do this just copy each set to a different location as you make them.

Sorry I am not familiar enough with openlayers to really help you. I might look around on the CASA website where you downloaded the tool and see if they have information on this.

Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->