• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mathboy

mathboy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United Arab Emirates

Hello

I have a set of SHP files (multiple layers) , i have been looking for a WebServer application , i found an opensource php application named : EasyWMS (suas also) .

But , i had a problems with the implementation specialy with the multiple layers .

I did a quick sailing through the CartoTalk forum , and i found many useful referances talking about converting the SHP to be viewable through a Flash based map viewer .

But still i cant control the issue with clear-easy steps .

Any one can help me on this ?

Thanx in Advance

Edited by mathboy, 28 May 2009 - 03:26 AM.

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

First thing that comes to mind! Have you ever had experience or an education with a map server, (Google Maps, Virtual Earth counts for crap)? And if you have why not try something like the University of Minnesota Map Server, Geoserver, or the built-in map server that comes with your GIS assuming you have a paid one not an open source GIS. Also if you have no experience what so ever don't try to built one unless it is merely a learning exercise that you can do on your own time.
"Abbas of novus versus"

peanut

peanut

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • United States

You can use the software available at the following link to slice up each of your shapefiles into tiles for Google Maps:

http://www.casa.ucl....gmapcreator.asp

Then if you are reasonably good with html and javascript you should be able to set up a page to turn on and off each of the tilesets using the Google Maps API.

http://code.google.c.../reference.html

Hope this helps.

Rich

mathboy

mathboy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United Arab Emirates

@peanut
Really i need to thank u for ur help , the tool is amazing .
I have two questions regarding this tool :
1. When i load a shape file , and generate the tiles , a set of PNG file would be done .
the problem is when i need to load another Shape file , it'll generate another set but with the same names , so the images will be replaced .
2.I don't need to load the tiles into Google Map viewer , i already liked the OpenLayers Javascript map viewer , so is there any explaination to know how can i get the right tile file by the openLayers .

@Hasdrubal , thank u for ur reply ..

peanut

peanut

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • United States

@peanut
Really i need to thank u for ur help , the tool is amazing .
I have two questions regarding this tool :
1. When i load a shape file , and generate the tiles , a set of PNG file would be done .
the problem is when i need to load another Shape file , it'll generate another set but with the same names , so the images will be replaced .
2.I don't need to load the tiles into Google Map viewer , i already liked the OpenLayers Javascript map viewer , so is there any explaination to know how can i get the right tile file by the openLayers .

@Hasdrubal , thank u for ur reply ..

You should be able to just store different sets of tiles to different directory locations. If you can't do this just copy each set to a different location as you make them.

Sorry I am not familiar enough with openlayers to really help you. I might look around on the CASA website where you downloaded the tool and see if they have information on this.

Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->