3 replies to this topic

leinad

leinad

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Canada

Hello Again,

I am trying to create a blend for the rivers in Illustrator CS. How can I acheive this when the river is not a regular line like the first drawing and more like the second drawing. It is an irregular shape and the number of point is not the same on the north shore and the south shore. Creating regular blend is easy but I do not seems to get it right for the second draing. Somebody suggested I import the layer in Photoshop and place the result back in Illustrator. It may work but the file size would be too big I think.

Thaks for any idea.

daniel

Attached Files

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Canada

Hello Again,

I am trying to create a blend for the rivers in Illustrator CS. How can I acheive this when the river is not a regular line like the first drawing and more like the second drawing. It is an irregular shape and the number of point is not the same on the north shore and the south shore. Creating regular blend is easy but I do not seems to get it right for the second draing. Somebody suggested I import the layer in Photoshop and place the result back in Illustrator. It may work but the file size would be too big I think.

Thaks for any idea.

daniel

CorelDraw could do this in a jiffy; I have never been able to find a suitable solution to this in Illustrator. There is a plug-in out there that will do this for you (I remember seeing it somewhere but now I can't find it . . . .)

Dean_A

Dean_A

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Hello Again,

Thaks for any idea.

daniel

The first way that comes to mind is to duplicate the shape on top give it a lighter color, reshape it manually, then add a smooth color blend between the two objects. Just don't add any additional anchor points, as it could screw up the blend appearance. A bit tedious and time consuming, but it should work OK.
Attached File  river_blend.png   18.2KB   40 downloads

jamiki

jamiki

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

Daniel,

See the included image. The first uses an effect to approximate what you want the second uses a different style.

Try using the effect/stylize/inner glow

Set the glow to occur from the edge and set the color to the darker color you want. It is not exactly what you wanted but might work for you.

I have in the past used the appearance tab to add extra lines the shape like older maps use to show. The ends of the waterway will need to be extended so that the ripples do not show.

John

Hello Again,

Thaks for any idea.

daniel

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->