josie

josie

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Netherlands

Hello,

I would like to know if in Manifold, like in ArcGIS, you can set the symbols to scale with the zoom level of the map. Thus so when you zoom in, the symbol represents the real size of the object on the map, for all zoom levels.

In ArcGIS this is done in properties using the scale options. Manifold does not seem to have anything like this. I have tried using their autosize option in the xml file but this does not work.

Thanks all!

Josie

josie

josie

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Netherlands

I have figured it out. You have to go to the drawing properties and then under zoom properties you can solve this problem. Thanks anyway!

josie

josie

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Netherlands

Hello,

Sorry, just one last thing!

This works, however, I want to make the symbol a predetermined size in meters. I have made a custom symbol that resembles an object. I know the size of this object, and I would like the object to have this same size on my maps. The custom style xml file has the dimension of the object in it, however, I don't seem to be able to have it show up in exactly the right dimensions.

Thanks!

josie

josie

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Netherlands

Again, I have solved this one. For anyone interested... I think the only way is to work out the scale factor. I did this for symbol size 60. This meant that I could have real world metres represented by my symbol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->