• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

EcoGraphic

EcoGraphic

Master Contributor

• Links Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:landscape architecture,cartography,information architecture,wayfinding,landscape archaeology,cultural landscapes,sustainable design,visual journalism,travel writing,photography,illustration,languages
  • Canada

OK, now that I have finally met quite a few of you at NACIS I guess it is about time I posted an introduction!

I currently live in the sunny Okanagan Valley of British Columbia. Sometimes known as 'BC's Wine Region', other times known as 'Silicon Vineyard'. I grew up here, so I am one of the true Okanagan natives. For anyone familiar with the Okanagan they will know that we are currently experiencing a housing boom as more and more people from Toronto and Vancouver settle here to take advantage of the great weather and year-round outdoor activities. Us natives are becoming somewhat of an endangered species, as is waterfront real estate at $850,000 a lot!

I have a bit of an odd assortment of post-secondary training, including a couple of years of my BSc, a Diploma in Fashion Design and a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture which I finished in 2004. During my life I have also managed to develop a bit of a travel habit, having spent extended periods in Australia, Europe and the UK for post-secondary education, work and travel.

I am currently working independantly, doing some cartography and website design, as well as bit of masterplanning. I am a huge advocat for design research, so I also spend a lot of time doing independant research on the net and at bookstores.

When I am not working I am quite often either up in the Shuswaps, or down at the local art gallery taking art classes. When I have the time, I can also be found out sailing or rowing on Okanagan Lake, although that has not happened much this year unfortunately!

If anyone is coming to the Okanagan let me know. I have been looking for an excuse to put together a local winery tour!

Gillian
Gillian Auld
EcoGraphic Design
www.EcoGraphic.ca

Design is the intermediary between information and understanding
Richard Grefe

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Hi Gillian! Normally I'd say 'welcome', but you've already been here for a while. It was nice to meet you at the NACIS conference.

If you want your own business listed on the cartography companies list, just let me know.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->