4 replies to this topic

J.G-ski

J.G-ski

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Howdy –
Jeff Gronski, from Colorado Springs CO.

To date, my passion for things cartographic has been largely academic and/or a hobby/personal interest and definitely more as a user and appreciator than a creator. I discovered CartoTalk rather recently, while cruising through the ether looking for a research topic. I’ve worked in the IT arena for the last 20 years – a mix of both private and public sector positions – and on my time off pursued an undergraduate degree in Geography, completed the on-line GIS cert. program at NWMSU, and I’m preparing to return there this summer to complete their M.S. program. I've never worked professionally in this field, but have found GIS to be a nice coming together of what I do for a living, and what I find interesting and enjoyable during the other half of the day.

Looking through these posts as a guest, I’ve become rather overwhelmed with the wealth of interesting information available in this forum. Just wanted to give a quick “thank you” to all of the contributors who have shared their time and talents here, even if it has kept me from having a regular sleep schedule the past few days. Thanks! Jeff G.

François Goulet

François Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

That's an extraordinary platform...

Welcome!!! :)

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • United States

Welcome! And get some sleep before going off to grad school! ;)
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

Gretchen Peterson

Gretchen Peterson

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • United States

With your background in IT you'll probably have plenty of ideas to add to the discussions. Welcome!

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

Howdy Jeff,
Welcome to the forum. Always great to see more people from Colorado around here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->