• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

EcoGraphic

EcoGraphic

Master Contributor

• Links Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:landscape architecture,cartography,information architecture,wayfinding,landscape archaeology,cultural landscapes,sustainable design,visual journalism,travel writing,photography,illustration,languages
  • Canada

I can't remember if I posted a link to this already. Anyhow, I came across a good online resource for graphic design fundamentals which is super affordable ($18/year)

Before and After Magazine
http://www.bamagazine.com/

If you get a subscription for $18 you have access to all the online PDF articles which have subjects varying from 'layout' to 'choosing fonts correctly'. It looks to me like they are going through all their old magazines and digitizing articles, so eventually you should be able to access most of their archived articles online.

You can preview topics on the homepage.

Cheers,

Gillian
Gillian Auld
EcoGraphic Design
www.EcoGraphic.ca

Design is the intermediary between information and understanding
Richard Grefe

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Hi Gillian,

Thanks for the suggestion, this looks like a useful (and indeed affordable) resource for general design.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Polaris

Polaris

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Making maps and data graphics!<br />Paddling<br />Hiking<br />Gardening<br />Natural Philosophy<br />Loved Ones
  • United States

I just looked at a couple of articles and decided to go ahead and subscribe - useful stuff that I need to be prompted on more often - and very well presented. Thanks!

Eric

EcoGraphic

EcoGraphic

Master Contributor

• Links Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:landscape architecture,cartography,information architecture,wayfinding,landscape archaeology,cultural landscapes,sustainable design,visual journalism,travel writing,photography,illustration,languages
  • Canada

Glad to see people are getting subscriptions. This is a great publication and what I like about it most is that they explain WHY things work, rather than just giving you a bunch of eye candy. If you know the principles, you can always apply them elsewhere.

Cheers,

Gillian
Gillian Auld
EcoGraphic Design
www.EcoGraphic.ca

Design is the intermediary between information and understanding
Richard Grefe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->