7 replies to this topic

Gretchen Peterson

Gretchen Peterson

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • United States

I just got a tip there's a cartography position open in Seattle. Closes 4/10/2009. See:
[I removed the link. See the link below instead.]

M.Denil

M.Denil

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • United States

I have found it is easier and cheaper to search for these jobs on USA Jobs. http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/.

This particular job is http://jobsearch.usa...Search for Jobs

USA Jobs is a government run clearinghouse, so you don't have to subscribe to get details or to apply.

Mark

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Also see Interdisciplinary Cartographer, Closes 4/9/09 -

SALARY RANGE: 102,721.00 - 133,543.00 USD per year B) <_<

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Damn! That's quite a bit of scratch for making maps in the gov't. Too bad it's in Virginia. :(

No offense to anyone who lives in Virginia - I just prefer the Northwest.

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Its promising of things to come...maybe 10 years from now:

Entry Level Cartographer
SALARY RANGE: 250,000. - 310,000. USD per year

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

I just got a tip there's a cartography position open in Seattle. Closes 4/10/2009. See:
[I removed the link. See the link below instead.]

There is an interested cartographer out of Texas A& M that I know of. Can you provide the address so I can tell him where to send his resume? BTW is this strictly an entry level job or an internship?

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

Gretchen Peterson

Gretchen Peterson

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • United States

Hasdrubal - The second link that M.Denil provided in his post on this thread is the correct link. I haven't looked through the announcement thoroughly but I believe it does not state the exact seniority of the position. Meaning that they are requiring a professional degree in cartography or related discipline but beyond that there is no stated requirement concerning length of previous employment.

David T

David T

GIS Manager, USMC, MCIWEST-MCB Camp Pendleton

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

I highly recommend keeping your eyes open for Cartographer, Geographer, and other types of positions on USAJobs. I have an active search for those terms, as well as GIS, Geography, Cartography, and Information Technology mailed to me daily.

There is no 'Geospatial' job series within the federal government, so you have to look across multiple disciplines to find the cartographic and GIS jobs that are out there.
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
United States Marine Corps
West Coast Installations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->