Jump to content


Break in Road distance

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic




  • New Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

What do you call the irregular line used to show a break in the distance of the road.....for example you want to show a large extent of a map on a small paper and so you shorten the road and put a little zigzag or crooked line to show that....what is that called and where may I find examples of that? Thank you so much, Cynthia



    Hall of Fame

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stockholm, Sweden
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

When I was a teen, and those were in the maps for our roleplaying games, we called them a "zappa-bang".

I am not sure what the official term is, but for charts it is "axis break".
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users