pramod

pramod

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • No Country Selected

dear friend

We see lots of data on internet which is free to download.So can we use these data to create maps.Or they have some problem when its is commercialized. I reside in Saskatchewan province of Canada, can you suggest me some good site where I can get latest data of Saskatchewan...Thank you.

pramod

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

dear friend

We see lots of data on internet which is free to download.So can we use these data to create maps.Or they have some problem when its is commercialized. I reside in Saskatchewan province of Canada, can you suggest me some good site where I can get latest data of Saskatchewan...Thank you.

pramod

Most websites state how their GIS layers can be used. If you are uncertain, I would send them an email or give them a call. And of course always source your content appropriately on the map.

Have you looked in the Resource section of Cartotalk for data? You'll find a good selection of links in there.

sitesatlas

sitesatlas

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Spain

One good source of data for Canada is GeoGratis: http://www.geogratis.ca/.
Michael Borop
World Sites Atlas
http://www.sitesatlas.com

eli

eli

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Canada

I downloaded some Saskatchewan data from the provincial government a while back... I think it was called GeoSask.

Darren Rattai

Darren Rattai

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Canada

Yes, start with Geosask as it has alot of very useful data for the province, and then go to Geogratis next.
May I ask what your intent is with the data needed? Are you simply looking for base type data to start general maps or are you looking for anything specific?

Darren

Fran├žois Goulet

Fran├žois Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

There's Geobase too. I use both Geobase and Geogratis, but I think Geobase is more up-to-date (but you will not find the NTDB there).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->