• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

Maybe we are like the matter & anti-matter twins in that old Star Trek episode

so then the obvious question is: which of us is the evil one?

Perhaps we need to look at the avatars !
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Canada

Kamloops? I was there this morning! (no, seriously)

Really, Hans, if you posted your itinerary ahead of time, I'm sure that more than a few Cartotalkers would meet with you. Coming to the Toronto area anytime soon? :)

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • United States

Great map, Jean-Louis! Actually makes me want to go to Kamloops! :D

Evil twin, huh? That's easy - isn't it always the one with a beard? Oh, wait - the red one with horns? Uh oh, maybe we have the first known case of both twins being evil?! ;)
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

Charles Syrett

Charles Syrett

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Canada

You just have to be fortunate enough to be on Hans' route. He stayed at my place in Nelson on the weekend, and before that he had been with the Minnesota guys! B)

Charles Syrett
Map Graphics
http://www.mapgraphics.com

Really, Hans, if you posted your itinerary ahead of time, I'm sure that more than a few Cartotalkers would meet with you. Coming to the Toronto area anytime soon? :)

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

You just have to be fortunate enough to be on Hans' route. He stayed at my place in Nelson on the weekend, and before that he had been with the Minnesota guys! B)

Charles Syrett
Map Graphics
http://www.mapgraphics.com

Intrigued - Hans, what's the grand-tour all about? Sounds like a great road trip.

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Intrigued - Hans, what's the grand-tour all about? Sounds like a great road trip.

Well... the main reason behind the trip is the FME User Conference in Whistler, where I am right now. That starts (or at least my involvement with it) tomorrow. Coincidentally, a good friend of mine in rural Minnesota had his birthday on Sunday the 31st, so I figured I'd combine the two into a work/vacation trip. So after spending a week in Minnesota, visiting Nat and Derek, I flew to Spokane last Friday, then on Saturday drove up to Nelson and crashed at Charles's place, then continued on to Kamloops via Revelstoke on Sunday and Whistler via Lillooet yesterday. I'd never seen the BC interior and now that I have, I can safely say it's stunningly gorgeous.

I'll be flying back from Vancouver on Sunday and, if all goes well, will meet Eliana there before going to the airport. So I've met a fair number of Cartotalkers this trip. It's been a good one so far, minus almost killing Bambi and his mom in Minnesota and smelling the Lillooet forest fire yesterday (though I was still 75 km away from it)

No plans for Toronto as of yet, but I'm heavily involved with Avenza, so it's no surprise I go there every now and then. Was there last October after NACIS actually.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

Very strange, I am planning almost the exact same trip (july August).... except in reverse...
Vancouver, then Kamloops, then the Kootenays (probably will see Charles), then Minnesota!!
Twilight Zone Music.....
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

Fran├žois Goulet

Fran├žois Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

and If we actually find ourselves in the same place, we will both be thrown forever into a weird TRON-like map dimension!

I have to try and make a Tron-styled map!!! ;)

Greg

Greg

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Canada

I realize this is a tired old topic, BUT... I just had to share this incredible piece of web work showing some great "thinking spaces"

http://thinkingspace.economist.com/

It made me a bit dizzy, but it was worth it.
Greg Moore

g r e g @ c a r t o g r a p h i c d e s i g n . c o m
www.cartographicdesign.com

AlisonS

AlisonS

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Lithuania

http://ecx.images-am...41EE6V3CDvL.jpg

I think the best office ever!
I know that this is old topic, but it's amazing!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->