2 replies to this topic

Darren Rattai

Darren Rattai

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Canada

Hey all,

I export maps to PDF from ArcGIS 9.3 for some clients without any GIS capabilities, and would like the end user to only have access to some layers and attributes but not all of them.
For example, my clients do not need to be able to look at the attributes of a road layer that will be on the map, only that client's specific features. This will help with file size as well as some features have huge files, for example a township layer for a whole province.

Is it possible to only export some feature info with ArcGIS 9.3?

Thanks for any help,
Darren Rattai

Zorko

Zorko

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • New Zealand

Hi Darren

Yes, you can limit what attributes will be visible. All you have to do is to uncheck field names in layer properties on the Fields tab. Afer export you will have only check fields.

Here are screenshots of ArcMap and pdf in Reader9.
Attached File  USAArcMap.PNG   162.44KB   49 downloads
Attached File  USAReader9.PNG   160.33KB   47 downloads

Hey all,

I export maps to PDF from ArcGIS 9.3 for some clients without any GIS capabilities, and would like the end user to only have access to some layers and attributes but not all of them.
For example, my clients do not need to be able to look at the attributes of a road layer that will be on the map, only that client's specific features. This will help with file size as well as some features have huge files, for example a township layer for a whole province.

Is it possible to only export some feature info with ArcGIS 9.3?

Thanks for any help,
Darren Rattai

Darren Rattai

Darren Rattai

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Canada

Thanks alot,

I'm pretty ashamed that this is so easy....I totally forgot about this function in ArcMAP. Take a few months off from the industry and everything that you once took for granted as being a simple task is gone, haha.

Darren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->