MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Open to other methods...

I am hoping to settle on a method for mapping the most efficient path for surveying (walk/drive) 10 miles of city streets. I have 125 such scenarios.
The idea is to start at point A and wind through ALL of the streets, making U turns as needed, and arrive at Point B (end).

I am working with ArcMap's Network Analyst to get a good result, but in the meantime am open to low tech solutions as well.

Thanks! Chris

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Found the perfect solution! If anyone ever needs help with Network Analyst PM me. Its a superb tool.

Meadows117

Meadows117

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

Found the perfect solution! If anyone ever needs help with Network Analyst PM me. Its a superb tool.

Yeah, it really exciting with network analyst when you finally figure it out. I have become quite fond of that tool.

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

You can make some pretty colorful maps with it too!

A couple of years ago I made a network dataset for N. California, Oregon and S. Washington and made a handful of isochrones for the MPO's in Oregon.

I have attached one for Bend that my colleague Heath B. has contributed too and is continuing to develop.

Network data can get really, really complex and our Transportation Modelling group uses VISUM and/or EMME3 to handle the tangled labyrinth of really complex network models.

Attached File  Bend_isochron_4_2.jpg   355.07KB   53 downloads

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->