3 replies to this topic

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Canada

I've got about 500 eps files that need to be converted to gifs. I've got Photoshop CS3 and when I open and save them manually it works fine - just take a while. I tried automating the process but each time the files are rasterized at a very low resolution. I've tried adjusting settings but to no avail. It seems that between opening and saving Photoshop will resample the file down with me asking it to. Has anyone run into this problem before? Has anyone got an easy way of converting eps files to gifs? I've tried a few other free software programs out there but none seem to do a satisfactory job.

Michael Schmeling

Michael Schmeling

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Germany

I've got about 500 eps files that need to be converted to gifs. I've got Photoshop CS3 and when I open and save them manually it works fine - just take a while. I tried automating the process but each time the files are rasterized at a very low resolution. I've tried adjusting settings but to no avail. It seems that between opening and saving Photoshop will resample the file down with me asking it to. Has anyone run into this problem before? Has anyone got an easy way of converting eps files to gifs? I've tried a few other free software programs out there but none seem to do a satisfactory job.

Have you tried ImageMagick's convert? You could also use Ghostscript directly.
Michael Schmeling
Kassel, Germany
Arid Ocean Map Illustrations
http://maps.aridocean.com
Indie Cartographer
http://www.indiecartographer.com

Greg

Greg

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Canada

Are you recording your own batch process?
If so, just include the open process in the batch.. and bump up the default resolution.

Posted Image

if you don't specify the resolution when rasterizing the eps, photoshop will default to 72dpi
Greg Moore

g r e g @ c a r t o g r a p h i c d e s i g n . c o m
www.cartographicdesign.com

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Canada

Are you recording your own batch process?
If so, just include the open process in the batch.. and bump up the default resolution.

Posted Image

if you don't specify the resolution when rasterizing the eps, photoshop will default to 72dpi

The problem is . . . it's already set at 300 dpi. Manually it works fine. But it appears to flip back to low resolution when batching it. How do I avoid that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->