• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Soocom1

Soocom1

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, Drafting, with experiance in combining in Geodatabases, map design general spatial refrance. Hunting, fishing, photography and riding the Super Glide to rallies.
  • United States

Greetings from Central New Mexico (Albuquerque Area).

My name is Peter Goodman, and I work in company specializing in consulting for the US Government, and various Indian Reservations. I have been doing this work for 4 years, almost exclusively in Autocad.

I am actually a Autocad drafter that got started off earning a degree in Architectural/Engineering Drafting, and wound up doing maps for the planning dept. of my current employer. Having always been interested in drawing, art, photography, etc, as well as interested in general drafting and maps, I found myself doing just the right job of sorts.

I work primarily in Autocad, and Map 2008. I also do work in ESRI and generate multiple simple maps on a daily basis. I would love to chat with people who have knowledge of Autocad Map, ESRI, along with any advice on integration of the two and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PG.
Architects design things,
Engineers build things,
and Cartographers tell them where to go.

BioGeoMan

BioGeoMan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • United States

Welcome Peter!

I reside in Santa Fe just up a few mesas from you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any ideas/questions/concerns. I have been using ESRI and Adobe products for quite a while and would be willing to help you out (hopefully, you would be willing to help me out too!).

Michael Scisco

BioGeoCreations
Albuquerque, NM

505-603-3636
biogeocreations.com

Soocom1

Soocom1

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, Drafting, with experiance in combining in Geodatabases, map design general spatial refrance. Hunting, fishing, photography and riding the Super Glide to rallies.
  • United States

Any time...

Esri is a fun one, and I am litterally clueless as to how people use any Adobe product for Cartography.. This interests me alot.

I am also thinking of getting back to CNM to get another degree. This time in GIS.
Architects design things,
Engineers build things,
and Cartographers tell them where to go.

Robert2009

Robert2009

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • United States

Hello Peter,

I'm from the southern New Mexico in the Las Cruces Area. I've been using ArcGIS Desktop, ArcInfo and ERDAS(limited) for long time and now I am just starting to learn using AutoCAD 2007 and Map 2008. Wish me a good luck !

I work for NRCS Soil Survey Office down here. Previous coming to NRCS From US Forest Service I worked at Inyo National Forest.

Welcome to Cartotalk.

I am hearing impaired and here is my videphone number is 866-642-3890 for anyone in USA can call me (it is toll free number) to share some ideas etc... or post question here .

Take care,
Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->