GeoEvan

GeoEvan

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Geography, linguistics, wildlife
  • Taiwan

Hans, could I ask you a question about your own cartography business? I'm just wondering how clients go about contacting you for projects, because when browsing your site at http://redgeographics.com, it's not entirely clear to me what the process would be for a new client. I don't even see an e-mail address.

Cheers!

Writer and cartographer for Political Geography Now.

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

There's a contact form (on the contact page) that clients can use. Address and phone number is listed there as well. I'm not listing my email address to avoid getting hammered with spam (and the captcha on the contact form seems to keep most spammers at bay).

A lot of my business comes from existing customers (either directly, or them referring people to me), who have my contact details.

Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

On my website I have a visible link 'Request a quote' in addition to a link with full contact information. In addition, for my ad campaigns (google/bing ads, as well as the banner ads on this site) they link directly to a 'landing page' with a contact form.

Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

GeoEvan

GeoEvan

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Geography, linguistics, wildlife
  • Taiwan

Thanks for the replies! Frax's strategy is more like what I would have expected - a clear path for prospective clients to follow, "action words", etc.....maybe I've been reading too many "How to make money online" blogs..... :-p

Writer and cartographer for Political Geography Now.

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

On my website I have a visible link 'Request a quote' in addition to a link with full contact information. In addition, for my ad campaigns (google/bing ads, as well as the banner ads on this site) they link directly to a 'landing page' with a contact form.

With your permission I would like ask you how are you doing with the campaign ads?  It was not so long ago that small businesses were forced to compete with corporations that made it un-affordable in a market not very fair for the regular human surviving in a selfish world. Note the low rankings.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

I get requests for quotes now and then, and it definitely has paid back the small amounts the ads costs. I haven't gotten any major recurring clients this way though.

Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->