- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BahaZ

BahaZ

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • No Country Selected

Ok, I want to know why I can visualize the whole slope map which is at cell size 30,

Posted Image

but when I reclassify it to 10 values and still at a cellsize of 30, I cannot see the areas of high variation unless I zoom in.

Posted Image

Is there anyway to visualize the whole thing like the slope image?

Thanks for your help.

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Could there be an old .aux lying around? To find out: delete .aux files (when arc is closed), or try to create the classification again in another workspace.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

BahaZ

BahaZ

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • No Country Selected

Could there be an old .aux lying around? To find out: delete .aux files (when arc is closed), or try to create the classification again in another workspace.

I tried your suggestion and it didn't make a difference, unless I missed something. Thanks though.

Just a question though what .aux files do you mean specifically? The elevation one or the slope one. I deleted the slope one, and it came out the same when I transferred the slope file into another directory and reclassified again from there. Like I said before, same thing happened.

I just don't get why the slope surface will display all 10 of its natural break classifiers, but why the reclass wont display its 10 classifiers?

Edited by BahaZ, 22 January 2009 - 04:41 AM.

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

The .aux files are the image pyramids that ArcMap builds to display the rasters faster. If you have done some delete-let's try something else cycles you may have old .aux files left (especially if you deleted stuff outside Arc - i.e. threw the grid/tif into the recycle bin, without the .aux file). When the pyramids are out of sync you get problems like you describe, where it looks ok when you zoom in, but not in the full view.

You can also recalculate the pyramids - in the toolbox.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

BahaZ

BahaZ

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • No Country Selected

The .aux files are the image pyramids that ArcMap builds to display the rasters faster. If you have done some delete-let's try something else cycles you may have old .aux files left (especially if you deleted stuff outside Arc - i.e. threw the grid/tif into the recycle bin, without the .aux file). When the pyramids are out of sync you get problems like you describe, where it looks ok when you zoom in, but not in the full view.

Ok half of that was incomprehensible (between something else and cycles), but I understood the gist of it. Going to keep trying some things to fix it, but I am not counting on anything.

Edited by BahaZ, 22 January 2009 - 04:18 PM.

BahaZ

BahaZ

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • No Country Selected

Ok half of that was incomprehensible (between something else and cycles), but I understood the gist of it. Going to keep trying some things to fix it, but I am not counting on anything.

Ok I got it, if I output the reclass to a temporary raster it works, but now i am trying to make it permanent yet it keeps going back to the same problem.

Edited by BahaZ, 22 January 2009 - 05:19 PM.

Keith Map Service

Keith Map Service

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Geography, mapping, GIS, Fishing, Outdoors, Mountain Biking
  • United States

Delete the .rrd file in your directory and reload your map.
This will delete your pyramids and then ask you to rebuild upon opening again.
Keith Map Service, Inc.
http://keithmaps.com

BradGISOkla

BradGISOkla

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

take a look at this...
http://webhelp.esri....out_proxy_files

Also take a look at your %TEMP%\rasterproxies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users