Kalai Selvan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Map Making & Map making
  • India

Hi!!!

I still wonder, if the mapping business has more potential to deliver money to all the professional map makers?
I still think..any comments..

Thanks

Thanks and Regards
Kalai Selvan

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Is that the only service you offer? digitizing? Have you considered other GIS solutions such as GIS intergration & programming services?

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

ProMapper

ProMapper

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:promapper@gmail.com
  • India

Is that the only service you offer? digitizing? Have you considered other GIS solutions such as GIS intergration & programming services?

Hi

Could you please elaborate on the GIS services in demand? I have been trying but haven't been successful in finding freelance jobs in GIS primarly because of data security issues. The GIS companies would have inhouse GIS professionals doing the job rather than relying on Freelancers. I really do not know about your experience with freeelancing in the GIS industry, do give us your advice.

Thanks

Anu
http://www.mapsandlocations.com

Kalai Selvan

Kalai Selvan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Map Making & Map making
  • India

Hasdrubal, we deliver all GIS Solution right from Digitization to integration.

Thanks and Regards
Kalai Selvan

burwelbo

burwelbo

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Hiking, Travel
  • Canada

You guys are right about the security issues. It was a big shock to me coming to the Middle East and realizing that map data is one of the most secure data in Kingdom. We are so use to in North America getting very detailed map data for free. I am guessing India is the same way. In my mind, unless you have some effective way of marketing elsewhere (which usually comes by word of mouth and reputation in our business), you would be better off joining a local mapping firm in India.

Regards
Bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->