2 replies to this topic

nonie3234

nonie3234

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • United States

In case you'd like to join this effort, at the link is a pdf of the proposal.

Here is the email I received:

From: shrug-l-bounces@lists.dep.state.fl.us On Behalf Of Pence, Patrick
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:57 AM
To: SHRUG-L (E-mail)
Subject: shrug-l: FW: GIS for the Nation Information

ESRI is supporting a proposal for a GIS for the Nation as part of the Obama Stimulus package. The time is short in getting this activity into the stimulus bill. We need your help in reaching out to the GIS community. Please review the proposal and ppt presentation on www.gis.com/gisnation and decide if you would be willing to contact your Congressperson or Executive Management to support the proposal. You can use the following message as a basis for your communication:

The United States Congress is strongly considering funding the GIS for the Nation as part of the economic stimulus package. We are reaching out to organizations and individuals we believe would benefit from the decision to build a national GIS.

A National GIS promises many benefits including creating jobs, providing funding to the private sector, supporting state and local governments with planned infrastructure projects, and creating a series of base data for responding to local and national disasters. Some other key benefits include:

o Creation of 24,000 high tech jobs
o Cost savings by making government more efficient
o Better decisions based on accurate and timely data
o A more competitive America
o Stimulus money allocated by geography
o Transparency of funded projects.

The time frame to receive support is very short. To learn more about this proposal, please visit www.gis.com/gisnation. We invite you to join us in this effort by sending a note to your representatives in Congress asking them to support this proposal.

Regards,

Adam Carnow
ESRI-Charlotte
phone: 704-541-9810 x8679
email: acarnow@esri.com

Giasen

Giasen

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • United States

I'll take one of those jobs! Lost mine due to the housing market on halloween last year. I'm also a realtor but I'd rather help people out with any mapping they may need.
GPS

nonie3234

nonie3234

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • United States

I'll take one of those jobs! Lost mine due to the housing market on halloween last year. I'm also a realtor but I'd rather help people out with any mapping they may need.

Hey - give it a go!
There are some GIS jobs, and one I saw with the title "Cartographer":

http://www.usajobs.gov/

http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->