gregory

gregory

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Poland

Hello there,

I already posted about that but couldn't find any solution. The problem is while exporting to AI from manifold I loose all my polish glyphs and instead I get "?". The column are set UTF8 also the Labels in general manifold settings are EFN Bureau OT Script Midlle Europe. I attach file with example data which after exporting to AI loos all diactrics. If anyone have acces to Illustrator I would be more than greatfull. My project deadline is almost crossed and I stucked with it with almost 200 maps...
I wonder if anyone has any experience with manifold and diactrics. I'm also posting the same topic at http://forum.manifol.../forum/t76850.0

What I can say more...

I tried all avilablle solution:

1) export to pdf still changes the glyphs (also doesn't keep layer structure)

2) export to emf - imported to Illustrator keep well the glyphs but doesn't keep the layout size ?

Manifold 8.0.11 Adobe Illustrator CS2

Thanks in advance

Gregory

gregory

gregory

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Poland

I cannot add my attachment. Sorry for inconvenience. You can download it from:
http://forum.manifol.../forum/t76850.0

sitesatlas

sitesatlas

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Spain

Have you tried checking the "Convert text to vector shapes" box in the export dialog box in Manifold?
Michael Borop
World Sites Atlas
http://www.sitesatlas.com

gregory

gregory

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Poland

Yes, but I won't be ablle to do any formating then. I guess what is all about is legacy text. Illustrator while importing ask me to Update all text what's mean it's treat exported by manifold files as done in earlier version of Illustrator. When i accept it at the begin I loose all glyphs, when i hit "Ok" to update it later I got everything ok but the text I got in Illustrator are Legacy Text. After updating the legacy text in Illustrator I loose all glyphs. So I'm at the begin.

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

I just tried it & I didn't lose any of the glyphs.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

gregory

gregory

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Poland

Hasdrubal,

Does it mean you got all "ć,ź,ę..." ?
What version of Illy do you use?
I'm a litlle bit confused. I sent it to my office and they noticed the same problem. All the computers use CS2.

regards,
Gregory

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Hasdrubal,

Does it mean you got all "ć,ź,ę..." ?
What version of Illy do you use?
I'm a litlle bit confused. I sent it to my office and they noticed the same problem. All the computers use CS2.

regards,
Gregory

¯Some examples of the text: egiestów, £abowa, Z³otne, Gaboñ

The version I'm using is CS3, now I also just did a test by saving it in CS2, same result.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

gregory

gregory

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Poland

We are upgrading to CS4 soon but I doubt the problem is in Illustrator version. I mean there must be something with the software (maybe regional version). How does the Arcgis act in such situation, does anybody know?

It could partly solve my problem by find/replace in Illy but repeating the same proces with 200 maps...Till now all i got was one glyph "?" with which I couldn't investigate sometime what is the real name and also automate the process of changing letters.
There was no time to find an elegant solution so I decided to to change in manifold all ą to aaa, ę to eee and so on : ) and then find/replace it in Illustrator.

It's partly relased to the topic... but
I also made one document to which I copy to the same place as much map sheets as Illustrator can handle (the work is and then move horizontly about 200 mm, next 400 mm and so on each sheet. This way I can find/replace, style, simplify, do overprints and do any operation which should be done over each single file. Then cut/paste to the original documtn move -200mm, - 400 mm..... If anyone is dealing with lots of sheets I recmoned that way.

I'm not familiar with VB but as far as I know some folks in Corel Draw use scripts to style each layer. I mean if the name of the layers repeat each sheet why not to program it and automate is as posiblle? Does anyone has any experience with such task in Illustrator or know if it's posiblle to do?

Thanks you Hasdrubal for your help,
regards
Gregory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->