2 replies to this topic

Mapper_Mac

Mapper_Mac

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • United States

I am a cartogrpher for an Army federal contractor and I am interested into going back to school. I love cartography and I am interested in studying abroad and or working abroad as a cartography tech. Does anyone know/have any opportunities like that?

M.Denil

M.Denil

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • United States

For study abroad I might suggest the College of Geographic Sciences (or, the Centre for Geographic Sciences, as it is now styled), in Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia.
http://www.cogs.ns.c...Cartography.asp

It tends to be a bit brutal; a lot of students don't make it through....

Edited by Hans van der Maarel, 10 January 2009 - 02:48 AM.
made link

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

For study abroad I might suggest the College of Geographic Sciences (or, the Centre for Geographic Sciences, as it is now styled), in Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia.
http://www.cogs.ns.c...Cartography.asp

It tends to be a bit brutal; a lot of students don't make it through....

Yea I failed the program twice but came back & got through it. Anyways I wouldn't just consider the cartography program, he may want something more advanced like Remote Sensing or the advanced GIS course.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->