Derek Tonn

Derek Tonn

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • United States

Big City Maps joining forces with mapformation, LLC

mapformation, LLC and Big City Maps are pleased to announce that, effective January 1, 2009, the two companies will begin jointly marketing their collective services under the mapformation brand/identity, with Big City Maps owner Eric Hunden formally joining the mapformation design team. This agreement will enhance and expand mapformation's position of being the preferred one stop shop and “resident expert” for map design service needs within the higher education, medical/corporate campuses and “destination” properties market throughout North America, while helping the firm in its efforts to expand its clientèle within Europe and Asia as well.

Big City Maps owner Eric Hunden stated, "I am excited and honored to be working with such a talented family of artists that inspire me with their high quality work and craftsmanship. It only makes me strive to improve my own abilities and adaptability within the world of illustrative mapping. I am so fascinated by trying to bring out the character of a community through illustrated maps, and Derek Tonn is tireless in his ambition to join together the best artistry in the field, as I have been envious in the past of the catalog of work displayed on their website. Truly, I am very pleased to be joining this creative team!”

mapformation Founder and CEO, Derek Tonn, said “Eric Hunden has tremendous talent, and our designers are honored that he has elected to bring his experience, skill and clientèle with him in choosing to join forces with our team. I believe that adding the unique look and services of Big City Maps to our overall brand is exactly the type of effort that will help us to collectively thrive, even in the face of tougher short-term economic conditions.”

Big City Maps is a company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA which creates colorful and accurate custom map illustrations of travel destinations ranging from college and university campus to maps of urban centers and small towns.

mapformation, LLC, headquartered in Springfield, Minnesota, USA, is a leading supplier of custom cartographic services in North America, with a particular specialty in serving the college and university market.

More information can be received by contacting:

mapformation, LLC
phone: 507-227-3338
email: info@mapformation.com
web: www.mapformation.com
Derek Tonn
Founder and CEO
mapformation, LLC

datonn@mapformation.com
http://www.mapformation.com

Derek Tonn

Derek Tonn

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • United States

Big news for our small (but growing) firm! As most of you know, mapformation essentially has a business model of serving as an "artist's rep" for map designers who have collectively agreed to brand and promote their services under one collective identity (no longer retaining an independent voice/presence in the marketplace)...serving all of our collective clientele under that same unified brand.

It's a good business model for us all...with one web site, one booth at tradeshows and conferences, one set of accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, etc. Eric Hunden, our existing design team and I figured that now (economic recession) was an absolutely IDEAL time to consolidate our services a bit and reduce some of the redundancy in overhead expenses while "de-cluttering" our collective message in promoting our services to prospective clientele even more.

We'll see how it goes! I know the ten of us are very excited about this change...and I am anxious to see what the next several quarters will hold.
Derek Tonn
Founder and CEO
mapformation, LLC

datonn@mapformation.com
http://www.mapformation.com

Brandon Tourtelotte

Brandon Tourtelotte

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Cartography<br />International GIS Datasets<br />Jazz (and all other kinds of music)<br />Introspection<br />Networking<br />Engaging personalities<br />Challenging thinkers
  • United States

Exciting news Derek!
May this be the move that propels your firm to new heights in 2009!
Brandon Tourtelotte
East View Cartographic, Inc.
Minneapolis, MN

natcase

natcase

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:cartography
    aeshetics
    cartographic design
    John Bartholomew
    road maps
    large-scale mapping
  • United States

Eric worked at Hedberg Maps in the early part of this decade. He has a great and distinctive eye for map design and does the best field notes I've seen. Sounds like a good deal for you both!

Nat Case
INCase, LLC

Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
maphead.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->