3 replies to this topic

sknecht

sknecht

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:hyperlocal vector maps
  • Germany

Hi there from Stefan Knecht, co-founder of United Maps, Munich and Eisenach, Germany.

United Maps claims to 'fill the gaps' in conventional road networks by adding layers of objects, the navigable world obviously is made of: buildings, pedestrians paths, mass transit information, waterways and topical layers relevant to mobile people (rather than cars). We do that by pre-processing and algorithmically matching and conflating basemaps with supplemental data sets.

Personaly, I bring some years of experience in R&D, Media and Product Development in software-related technology areas and founded United Maps together with two experienced industry experts in 2008. My role is CIO, spanning from Product and Business Development, design of cartographic applications, effective and efficient workflow management to presenting United Maps' solutions in public.
Stefan Knecht, CIO United Maps, Munich, Germany.

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Hello Stefan !! Your approach sounds interested - look forward to sharing on the forums.

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Hi Stefan,

Willkommen to the forum! I am curious to see some samples of your work. There is a gallery section for posting if you would like to post.

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

Guten Tag Stefan, Welcome to Cartotalk! Look forward to your posts
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->