4 replies to this topic

Rob

Rob

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:anything outside.
  • United States

A client has sent me three .cpt files. Corel PhotoPaint file format, bitmaps i believe. I can't find anything to open these files with, including the trial version of Corel Paintshop Pro Photo X2, Photoshop, and Infraview.

Any other ideas? Anyone have experience with this format?

thanks,

rob

Adam Wilbert

Adam Wilbert

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • United States

A quick search on FileXT.com leads to a program called XnView, which looks like it might solve your problem. It says its free, as long as this is for an educational or non-commercial client. ;)

Adam Wilbert
CartoGaia.com & AdamWilbert.com
Lynda.com author of "Up and Running with ArcGIS"

Rob

Rob

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • United States

A quick search on FileXT.com leads to a program called XnView, which looks like it might solve your problem. It says its free, as long as this is for an educational or non-commercial client. ;)

that and Infraview only open the older v6 types of .cpt. I've googled high and low; really surprised how obscure this one is.

thanks.

gregsd

gregsd

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, mostly off-road (MTB) riding.
  • United Kingdom

that and Infraview only open the older v6 types of .cpt. I've googled high and low; really surprised how obscure this one is.

thanks.

Rob, I have Corel Photo-Paint 12 at work and I'd be happy to try and open the files and re-save them into a format you could use. I'm about to finish work for the festive holidays and won't be in around until Monday next week, but if you want to sort something out then PM me.

Greg.

Greg Driver

GIS Analyst
MapInfo User...!

Rob

Rob

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • United States

Greg,

about to head into the office for a short day myself before taking some time for the holidays. I appreciate the offer and will contact on PM.

thanks!

rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->