Photo

[sarcasm] Carpooling to Washington D.C....

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Derek Tonn

Derek Tonn

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • United States

Oh yea.... Try to get the US govt to buy the slightest little piece of honest mapwork and see what happens when they find a Canadian address anywhere on your stationery!

Yep. Probably about the same response I get when any firm in India or China contacts me and learns that I don't just want "cheap labor" when they approach me for so-called "partnership" opportunities (I don't call "partnerships" a one-way flow of capital, but apparently not everybody out there agrees with me in that assessment)...that I am also looking for a $1:$1 return in work and new clients in SE Asia coming our way in addition to any potential North American design work we might occasionally send outside of the U.S. Everybody is happy to take our (U.S./Canada's) money...but gets real quiet and/or disinterested when you start talking about the new revenue and clients they'll be sending your way. ;)

Hans thinks our Ford Festiva is getting a little too crowded, so we might have to all catch the bus now that we are close enough to the D.C. metro to catch a ride via good-'ol public transportation! If we all pool our money, we MIGHT also just be able to BUY a Senate seat in Illinois too! Looks like Dennis is our man for the job, since the rest of us would barely even qualify as carpet-baggers in Illinois (though I've probably spent more time in Rockford and Chicago than most...and I have it on good-word that one of my grandmother's brothers used to clean pools for a few Mafiosos during the Summer months). Dennis: do what you can to get those committee appointments so that we can all get our bail-out money....PLEASE?! :P
Derek Tonn
Founder and CEO
mapformation, LLC

datonn@mapformation.com
http://www.mapformation.com

Fran├žois Goulet

Fran├žois Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Hans thinks our Ford Festiva is getting a little too crowded, so we might have to all catch the bus now that we are close enough to the D.C. metro to catch a ride via good-'ol public transportation!

Wait for me! I have my license for 24 passengers minibus so we could all ride together! ;)

MappyB

MappyB

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Map Maker by day, and Wine Drinker, Canoe Paddler, 5k Trotter, Recipe Creator, Road Tripper, Google Lover, and Bocce Baller by Night.
  • United States

Small world - I'm from Rockford and I'm actually driving back up there this weekend for the holidays! And I definitely have known some mafiosos; I'll see if I can hook you up with that Senate seat. :)
"It's risky to travel into the unknown; you don't know what you'll find.
But it's equally risky to dream, and not dive in." Robert Perkins [Limpopo River Documentary]

Brandon Tourtelotte

Brandon Tourtelotte

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Cartography<br />International GIS Datasets<br />Jazz (and all other kinds of music)<br />Introspection<br />Networking<br />Engaging personalities<br />Challenging thinkers
  • United States

Derek,
you'll need to swing by here (and you and Nat know where here is) before you leave the Twin Cities area. The reason you'll need me on your team is that I have some knowledge of how to get some federal contracting dollars. That way, when they turn us down on a straight bailout, we have a recourse which is to say, 'hey, while we're in town, how's about you put us on GSA or GGI and share the wealth!?'
Brandon Tourtelotte
East View Cartographic, Inc.
Minneapolis, MN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->