• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Minderlein

Minderlein

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

Hey folks,
I am working on a research project with point data for a large area. The Delaware basin in the north eastern USA. However some of the points have been provided with inaccurate spatial reference x,y coordinates. I am trying to develop a more accurate data set by removing these outliers. The points contain data for their county and municipality so to start I removed all the outliers by county by selecting by attributes "county x". Then select by location, remove from current selection all points completely contained within "county x" and just deleting what was leftover.

However there are still a few outliers contained in the right county but the wrong municipality. The problem I face is the sheer size of the task and I was wondering how to automate the process easily with model builder. I do not have individual municipality shape files just one for the entire region with over 300 features. Therefore If i use the same method I used by county I will have to create individual shapefiles for each municipality before the selection process can be used.

Thanks for assisting any input would be helpful either in other methods of attempting this process or other ideas. I am using arcgis 9.2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->