• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

François Goulet

François Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Hi Everybody!

I just happened to look at the statistics at the bottom of the home page and I saw that we are now 3000 registered members!

It's a great community and I really hope it keeps growing.

To all the Administrators, Moderators and Contributors of Cartotalk, thank you a million times to make it happen!!

:)

ProMapper

ProMapper

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:promapper@gmail.com
  • India

Hi Everybody!

I just happened to look at the statistics at the bottom of the home page and I saw that we are now 3000 registered members!

It's a great community and I really hope it keeps growing.

To all the Administrators, Moderators and Contributors of Cartotalk, thank you a million times to make it happen!!

:)

Yes you are right, never noticed. It is a fantastatic resource, now being recognised by the Professors in Universities for its education value. Every bit of discussion here has given us an insight on Carto, GIS and a lot of related stuff.

Today the number stands at 3001. But how come the member number and registered members count is not the same. I find that CYPRINIDAE who happens to be the newest member today, is Member No.: 5,159, click the link http://www.cartotalk...p;hl=CYPRINIDAE and you can confirm. So where is the rest of the count from 3001. Or is there some difference between a member and a Registered Member. Pardon my ignorance.

Anu
http://www.mapsandlocations.com

François Goulet

François Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Today the number stands at 3001. But how come the member number and registered members count is not the same. I find that CYPRINIDAE who happens to be the newest member today, is Member No.: 5,159

My guess is that member no. are sequential numbers since the beginning of Cartotalk, but the member count will increase and decrease with persons who register and unregister...

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

Today the number stands at 3001. But how come the member number and registered members count is not the same. I find that CYPRINIDAE who happens to be the newest member today, is Member No.: 5,159

My guess is that member no. are sequential numbers since the beginning of Cartotalk, but the member count will increase and decrease with persons who register and unregister...

Spam accounts are deleted on a regular basis. That's a big reason why there is a discrepancy in the member count. It would be great if we had 3,000 active members!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->