• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Mapiator

Mapiator

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Portugal

Hi all.
1st i would like to thank you all for the support and existance of cartotalk and present my self with the first topic.
I have a layer theme in Arcgis from a kart race i tracked with a GPS.
This point layer has speed info, my objective is to do a called "heating map" showing the speediest areas i have run, something similar to what FIFA has done for football games in the worldcup showing a heating map of where the ball was most of the time ( if some of you remember the post )
Can anyone you provide my some thoughts on how should it be done ? spatialanalyst ?
Im using Arc 9.2

Thank in advance
Jorge

Giasen

Giasen

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • United States

Hi all.
1st i would like to thank you all for the support and existance of cartotalk and present my self with the first topic.
I have a layer theme in Arcgis from a kart race i tracked with a GPS.
This point layer has speed info, my objective is to do a called "heating map" showing the speediest areas i have run, something similar to what FIFA has done for football games in the worldcup showing a heating map of where the ball was most of the time ( if some of you remember the post )
Can anyone you provide my some thoughts on how should it be done ? spatialanalyst ?
Im using Arc 9.2

Thank in advance
Jorge

If your table in Arcgis has a column for "speed", just symbolize the points or polylines with a color ramp. How does that sound?
GPS

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

You probably want to create a GRID in spatial analyst by running a point-to-grid function.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->