• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Soocom1

Soocom1

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, Drafting, with experiance in combining in Geodatabases, map design general spatial refrance. Hunting, fishing, photography and riding the Super Glide to rallies.
  • United States

Since I worked Pojaque and Nambe, as well as San Juan (Ohkay Owigeh) on road inventories, the use of the very light transparent boundaries works well. We've had to try different styles and colors for the Reservation boundaries on our work, and this seems to look very good. I like it.

The use of the large circles for the cities is a little off for me as well. If they were twice as large as the smaller villages and nothing more, I think it would look much better. Different colors for cities, and points of interest (such as Santuario de Chimayo, Taos pueblo, et al) would help.

For your display theme, I defiantly would stay away from making major roads a contrasting color and would instead go with a different Linetype, thicker line and darker hue. the Red for I-25 has a tendency to distract. My eye went straight to it.

Otherwise, I like what I see alot.
Architects design things,
Engineers build things,
and Cartographers tell them where to go.

bevmapper

bevmapper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

I think it looks great. I am familiar with the area, and I noticed your map did not reflect some recent land acquistions/exchanges between the USFS, NPS and the Pueblos of Santa Clara and San Juan. Let me know if you need some more info.

Bev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->